Ir a contenido

Foro del Sevilla Fútbol Club - ForoSevillaGrande.es utiliza cookies, tanto propias como de terceros, para recopilar información estadística sobre su navegación y para gestionar funcionalidades básicas del mismo. Puede obtener más información pulsando Aviso Legal. Si continúa navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso.    Acepto el uso de cookies

ENLACES PATROCINADOS

Foto

Impressions from an English Supporter

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BlueMong

BlueMong
  • Forero
  • 29 Mensajes:
Hello again. You may remember me. I’m a Manchester City supporter but I have fallen in love with your city and have adopted Sevilla as my ‘Spanish Team’.

I went to the home game against Valencia last season and, thanks to some good advice from JaviNavarro a few weeks back, I was lucky enough to go to the Sevilla v. Celta game two weeks ago. You will all have seen the match so there is nothing I can tell you about it that you so not already know but I thought you may be interested in my impressions of the similarities and differences between a premiership match experience in England and a La Liga match.

I was surprised to see people drinking alcohol from glass bottles on the streets and in front of the stadium before the match. In England these would be classed as a potential weapon and would be taken away by the police.

I was surprised that the only beer served inside the stadium was non-alcoholic. In England, clubs make a lot of money from selling beer inside the stadium although you cannot drink in your seats.

In Sevilla the team arrive together on the coach but at Manchester City the players arrive on their own in their sports cars surrounded by security guards.

You get a free programme at Sevilla – in England if you want a match programme it costs about 5 Euros

At Manchester City we have a new stadium with very modern facilities – lots of bars, restaurants, television screens and lots of toilets. At the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan I think the facilities look quite old and there are not enough toilets inside.

On the other hand the atmosphere at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan is amazing. The crowd is so close to the pitch and you make so much noise – you never stop singing. I think visiting teams must find it very intimidating. Since Manchester City moved to our new stadium we have lost a lot of our atmosphere and now, unless it is a really good game (or unless we are playing Manchester United) we are very quiet which is not good.

I was also surprised that the visiting supporters sit in with the Sevilla fans and there is no segregation. We were sitting near some Celta fans and there was a lot of good humoured joking between the fans of both teams. I’m sad to say that this never happens in the Premiership – only in the lower leagues. Visiting supporters are always separated from home fans – even if there is no history of trouble between the clubs.

I was surprised that fans can come away from a match at 11.00pm on a Sunday night, go for a drink and a meal afterwards and still get up for work on a Monday morning. I think the reason we play on Saturdays in England is so that we have all day Sunday to recover.

We couldn’t find a bus or a taxi after the match so it was a long walk back to Triana!

I’m looking forward to coming back next season for my next visit. Good luck on Thursday – I shall be watching the game on t.v. over here. Here's a short video from the match.

Alison

Enlace al Video en Youtube

Guest_Aswe_*

Guest_Aswe_*
  • Invitados
Incredible history...

I'm glad that you enjoyed so much the match against Celta... About the stadium facilities, probably next season we will start the works to improve it, upgrading the attendance capacity around 10.000 seats and improving toilets, accesses, bars and all that stuff, so we will stay like in our own living room watching the match.

IntiPodesta

IntiPodesta

Darío Debray Silva Pereira

• Forero
  • 7163 Mensajes:
My english isn't very well but...your story is impressive. It's incredible to see people like you, guy. People like u make us be proud of our team.

About the stadium...it's forbidden selling alcohol in any sport match. .

In Spain, there is only segregation in matchs of extreme rivalry, like Sevilla vs Betis, Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid...

Good luck in your next visit Alison! FORZA SEVILLA

PD: Sorry, my english sucks :yahoo:

HoLio

HoLio
  • Forero
  • 7869 Mensajes:
I remember your other threads. Great history.

Our stadium, Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán will be redesign. There are 4 future designs:

A:
Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

B:

Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

C:

Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

D:

Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

BlueMong

BlueMong
  • Forero
  • 29 Mensajes:
I am glad that you enjoyed hearing about my experiences and I think that your club is right to extend and improve your existing stadium rather than move to anew one. The designs are incredible - which one do the supporters prefer?

Here are some more photos. The first two were taken on the Saturday as the players came away from training.

Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

Imagen enviada

And here is another video from the match - Freddy's penalty

Enlace al Video en Youtube

Este tema ha sido editado por BlueMong: 04 April 2007 - 00:17

HoLio

HoLio
  • Forero
  • 7869 Mensajes:
Thanks for the photos and videos.

I think that the club are going to choose ideas of the four projects but my favourite design is "B".

Sorry for my bad english.

Tlaloc

Tlaloc
  • Forero
  • 4007 Mensajes:
Hi BlueMong; my favourite design is "A", because the outline is our shield. About your experience, it's great!!

I was surprised to see people drinking alcohol from glass bottles on the streets and in front of the stadium before the match. In England these would be classed as a potential weapon and would be taken away by the police.

In Seville there is a culture to drink on the streets, Julio Cesar say about our culture: "Beati Hispani quibus vivere bibere est" (Spanish are happy because they drink to live, because in Spain vivere and bibere are the same sound)

Sorry for my bad english, but the Spanish Education is the worst with the languages

James Hetfield

James Hetfield
  • Forero
  • 1483 Mensajes:

Hi BlueMong; my favourite design is "A", because the outline is our shield. About your experience, it's great!!
In Seville there is a culture to drink on the streets, Julio Cesar say about our culture: "Beati Hispani quibus vivere bibere est" (Spanish are happy because they drink to live, because in Spain vivere and bibere are the same sound)
Sorry for my bad english, but the Spanish Education is the worst with the languages

It is not the best of course, but it is not the worst either.

Este tema ha sido editado por JaviNavarro: 05 April 2007 - 13:39

rochester

rochester
  • Forero
  • 4684 Mensajes:

It is not the best of course, but it is not the worst either.

not quite the worse, but pretty fucking lame anyways. a shame, truly

yosoyguiri

yosoyguiri
  • Forero
  • 8 Mensajes:
You're right Mong, Already just by watching sevilla games online i can feel the atmosphere in the stadium, brilliant :D) nice story too.

May i ask how you, as City fan, probably english? got yourself in Sevilla? do you live there or was it just a trip?